1.29.2007

Monday Mosey

This quote may be a bit melodramatic for a Monday morning, but since I've decided to make the photos I take to and from work everyday a regular feature on SixTalkingHeads (click here for the initial entry), I thought I would share a bit of the underlying philosophy.

I have learned that what I have not drawn I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is, sheer miracle.

- Frederick Franck, " The Zen of Seeing"
It was easy to see things differently this morning, as they were blanketed by the white stuff for only the second time this winter. But here are five photos from the five snowless walks to work last week.
This is across the street from my apartment and is said to be the most haunted place in Philadelphia. I think that all stems from the Nicholas Cage movie, National Treasure, that was shot here, because it was scary bad.
They just don't make paint like they used to.
He's a chip off the old block.
This corner is a free publication bonanza with about twenty different honor boxes.
More broken ankles than an And1 Mixtape Tour video.

No comments: