12.17.2006

Week 15 NFL Picks

Ok, so I didn’t go 4-0 last week. I actually ended up at 2-2. Some would tell you that a push week is good enough in sports gambling, and most times I would agree. But I set higher standards for myself than I do for others. With that in mind...this week I go big.








I’m still looking good at 22-11 on the season, but anything less than 3-1 this weekend will be a bust. Wouldn’t you like a little extra cash around the holiday season? Of course. Are you going to tell me they couldn’t use some extra spending money? Is anyone that rich? If you are, then more power to you. If not, wouldn’t you like to be? Join me this weekend and cash in on the big winners I will provide. Here’s hoping you have a happy gambling weekend.

Game One: Detroit Lions (2-11) at Green Bay Packers (5-8)
The Lions just aren’t having a season to remember. Actually, it’s more of a season to forget. They are 2-11, just lost their top running back for the season, and have to play against Brett Favre and the Packers this weekend in Green Bay. The Packers are going for their 15th straight win at home against the Lions. Yes, 15th straight home win against a team that just lost a key player. I think the streak could very well stay alive this weekend, but I do not like the line. I’m taking the Lions (+5.5) on Sunday, won’t you join me?

Game Two: Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (6-7)
As strange as this may sound, these two teams are still fighting for a playoff spot. It certainly has been a while since the Dolphins and Bills were involved in that race, but it has been a long time coming. These two teams are pretty evenly matched and in a division game, anything can happen. I just love Nick Saban and the Dolphins defense. Something tells me he will have something up his sleeve for this one, and I’m going to be apart of it. I’ll take the Dolphins (+1) to get back to .500.

Game Three: Washington Redskins (4-9) at New Orleans Saints (9-4)
The Saints are a having one terrific season. Drew Brees is having an MVP year, Reggie Bush is finally showing that he is the top talent we all thought he was, and Sean Payton should win Coach of the Year. The Saints are in the middle of an NFC East 3-spot after beating Dallas last week. Next week, they travel to N.Y. to face the Giants. That means this weekend is that classic letdown game I love to bet on. A team completely in shambles between two playoff contenders is just ripe for the picking. I’m going Skins (+10).

Game Four: St. Louis Rams (5-8) at Oakland Raiders (2-11)
This is it folks, the big game of the weekend. There is no game this weekend I like more than this one. The Raiders are a horrible team. It is so obvious; I dare you to make a case against that statement. Go ahead and try...it cannot be done. How can a team widely thought of as the worst in the league (by a large margin) be giving three points on Sunday? Simple, the people who make the lines know more than anyone. This is an obvious suck-in game, and I will not fall into the Vegas trap. If you read this, I hope you don’t either. I’m going Raiders (-3) this weekend all the way to the bank. Wow, I can’t believe I just said that…

No comments: