12.27.2006

Bowling Heads: Week 2 Part B Winners Edition!


If you are reading this you were lucky enough to stumble across my Bowling Heads: Winners Edition! First off, I want to tell you that I received a phone call from Vegas last night and they told me they were done giving out freebies to the public. So far, I have been crushed on my inaugural Bowling Heads Package and its really taking a toll on my bankroll. To date I stand a disappointing 1-3 down 7 stars and $800 bucks at $100 a star (juice included). When I wrote my first Bowling Heads piece I told you that you needed to stay the course with me through good times and bad. Some of you probably already bailed on me. Some of you are probably cursing at me under your breath as you read this and some of my friends....well...they probably are trying to disown me. Just remember that I promised you a successful bowl season if you stayed the course. After 8 Bowl games, the favorites are 6-2. I think its time for Vegas to reverse course....Pike's style!

Get ready to win BIG.


December 27, 2006: UCLA versus Florida State

With a loss today Florida State will have its second losing season in the Bobby Bowden era. So far, Dr. Bowden has coached at FSU for 30 seasons, with his only losing season being his first year on the job. After today's game Bobby will be thanking his players as they keep the 30-year streak in tact. UCLA is 3-0 ATS in their last 3 games (including a knockout blow to then National Championship contender USC). Teams that go into the bowl season coming off three straight ATS wins tend to fair poorly in their bowl game. Today will be no different. I'm expecting FSU to go wild out of the gates and blow out UCLA by more than two touchdowns. Remember that FSU is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a dog. I want you to take the points tonight, but remember my prediction.

4* Play on Florida State Seminoles +3.5




December 28, 2006: Rutgers versus Kansas State

You found it! Today's play is my 2006 NCAA Bowl Game of the Year! [Not to be confused with my 10* 2007 Bowl Game of the Year!] Today's 5* Play takes us to the Texas Bowl where I am expecting the unthinkable to occur. Yes, I know you are shaking your head, but this is my bold prediction: Rutgers is going to lose to Kansas State. How do I know? Simple, Kansas State is playing for a lot more than Rutgers. Rutgers is still disappointed that they couldn't clinch a BCS bowl after losing to WVU in triple overtime. Sure, Greg Schiano is the better coach and Rutgers has more talent, but with emotions flaring and disappointment looming you don't want to be with the public on this one today. Could Rutgers win the game? Absolutely. We know that the Wildcats are 10-4 ATS after a straight up loss and 6-2 ATS after an ATS loss! It looks like those trends equate to another lopsided dog play. Wildcats Ho!

5* Play on Kansas State Wildcats +9



December 29, 2006: Oregon State versus Missouri

I won't go into too much detail regarding this game because my thinking is somewhat skewed. I think the trends work enough in my favor here that I really don't need to say much. The Beavers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game. Throw in Mizzou's 5-1 ATS mark in their last 6 games as a dog of 3.5 to 10 pts and their 4-1 ATS mark in their last 5 non-conference games and you can see why I'm lovin' Mizzou in this one. Oh yeah, they are also 4-1 ATS in their last 5 after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game. Call up Vegas and tell them to Mizzou You!

3* Play on Missouri Tigers +3.5



December 29, 2006: South Carolina versus Houston

Overrated! Can anyone tell me why the Gamecocks aren't the most overrated team in the NCAA? The public loves Steve Spurrier and how he constantly blows out "lesser" teams. Houston knows this and will be waiting for him as they show the Gamecocks some stiff competition. Did you know that the Houston Cougars are a remarkable 4-0 ATS versus teams with a winning record and 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win? We know a limp Gamecock when we see em'. Go Cougars!

3* Play on Houston Cougars +6



December 29, 2006: Minnesota versus Texas Tech


DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME. I used to like Minnesota, but not with how the line is moving. Pass on it!


December 30, 2006: Boston College versus Navy

Are you sick of me yet? I'm sure you are probably thinking: "How in the world are all of these dogs going to come through?" Trust me...stay the course! The public is all over this overrated B.C. squad. Get ready, because Navy is about to bring out their biggest arsenal yet. The country will be backing the Midshipmen today as they take it to the Boston College Eagles. I have no doubt in my mind that Navy can hang with the Eagles and maybe even sneak out with a "W". Look for B.C. to lay an egg here today. The Midshipman's 5-0 ATS mark in their last 5 versus the ACC cements it.

4* Play on Navy Midshipmen +6.5



December 30, 2006: Texas versus Iowa

Did you ever wonder why the Big Ten doesn't get any credit? It always seems like the Oklahoma's, Nebraska's, and the Texas's run the NCAA Football world. Not today. The Hawkeyes are back with a vegence. With QB Tate at the helm, I'm expecting a knockout performance versus the Longhorns. The Longhorns are a disappointing 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite of 3.5-10 pts. They are also 0-4 ATS in their last 4 bowl games as a fave of 3.5-10 points! Can someone please tell Matthew McConaughey to put a shirt on!

3* Play on Iowa Hawkeyes +9



December 30, 2006: Virginia Tech versus Georgia

Va Tech could be one of the biggest frauds of the year. I have no idea why they are #14 in the country when they didn't beat a formidable opponent all season long. Finally, they will get their chance today versus a banged up Georgia team. However, these bulldogs aren't full of bs. Georgia is 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games versus the ACC and they are 5-2-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record. Sorry Virginia, but Georgia is the real king of the South.

4* Play on Georgia Bulldogs +2.5



Stay the course and I promise you will be a winner!

Best of Luck,

Pikes

No comments: