3.23.2007

NCAA March Madness - Day 7

Ok, so once again we had another .500 night against the spread and a 75% straight up. Although I'm a little shy of both of my goals, there is still a slight chance I surpass both of them. Last night all of the top seeds inched their way closer to the tournament. Will this be the first year all of the #1 seeds get to the final four? Don't bet on it. The first #1 seed falls now!I expect the team in BOLD to win outright.

Saturday March 24, 2007

10* Game of the Year Play

Ohio State Buckeyes -2 over Memphis Tigers

Holy Buckeyes! How has OSU survived up to this point? They should have been bounced the last two games, yet here they are on their way to a possible final four appearance. I usually love playing against a squad who holds on the week before by a hair, but there seems to be some magic behind the Buckeyes this season. Knowing that the Tigers are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win definitely helps our chances. It doesn't hurt knowing that the Buckeyes are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 neutral site games. It looks like my NCAA Basketball pool just got better. Buckeyes win a close one!


UCLA +2 over Kansas

Another one-two matchup ready for the pickin! If you asked me when the tournament started whether or not I thought the Jayhawks were the real deal, I would have said no. If you had asked me again after their first two tournament games, I would have said they were going to beat my Final Four Bruins in the Elite Eight game. Now, after watching them struggle versus an overrated Southern Illinois Saluki squad, I have changed my mind again. The bottom line is you can't judge a team by its most recent performance. Handicappers realize this, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Jayhawks crush the Bruins tonight. My only concern is the trends are all on the Bruins side. The Jayhawks are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. the Pac 10, while the Bruins are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog of 0.5 to 6.5 pts and 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a win % above .600. Maybe I'm a little biased because one of my final four teams is the Bruins...or maybe not. The Bruins are off to Hotlanta!

Best of Luck,

Pikes

Pike's NCAA Documented Record: 47-9 S.U. (84%) and 30-23-3 ATS (57%)

3 comments:

Jason said...

Ten Stars - wow. Doesn't it make you a tad nervous that Memphis hasn't lost since December 20th?

Steve Brodrosian said...

OSU hasn't lost since December too. If I was nervous, this wouldn't be my 10* Tournament Game of the Year!

Jason said...

He says with the game well in hand at the end of the 4th quarter...

I kid - congrats on the big win. Now you can buy me more drinks.