2.11.2007

NCAA Basketball Picks - Monday, February 12th

I guess this weekend turned out just fine after all (5-1, +14 stars, +$1,370). After one of the worst gambling runs of my life, I finally was able to pull my head out of my a$ and make our loyal readers some cash. As I have said time and time again...stay the course and you will be rewarded. So far this season, I'm still under the gun and under .500 as well. Until I'm out of the red and into the black, my job here is far from over. With just a few weeks remaining before the big dance, we'd better get a move on.


3* Play on Georgetown -9 over West Virginia


Thank you WVU for a fantastic Saturday. Your upset victory of UCLA not only made us some great cash, but it set us up for a fantastic Big Monday Winner! Georgetown comes into tonight's contest with an impressive 11-3 home record. Knowing that WVU is off a potential tournament clinching win tells us that this game has blow out written all over it. West Virginia is just 3-3 on the road this year and with Hoyas check in at 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 7.0 to 12.5 pts. With those numbers on our side, you can easily see why we love our chances with a good home squad. It doesn't hurt that the Mountaineers are just 2-5 ATS versus the Big East either. Either way you look at it, it's a John Thompson beating!


3* Play on Texas -6.5 over Oklahoma State

I'll be the first to admit that I missed out on last weekend's Georgetown/Marquette thromping. Even though the great Slick Rick, a.k.a. Rick to the SixTalkingHead loyalists, told me it was an easy play, I stayed away from the Hoyas due to the large 7 point number. After the last few weeks, I didn't want to lay such a big number. Well, as you are probably aware, Georgetown covered the number and I was dead wrong. Tonight, we find ourselves in a similar situation, as the #25 team in the country is laying a large 7.5 point spread to the #17 team in the country. How could this be you ask? Easy, OK State is far from O.K. on the road this year at 0-4. Did you know that the Cowboys are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following an ATS loss? The revenge factor also plays a key role in tonight's matchup. Throw in McConaughey's Longhorn's 5-1 ATS mark in their last 6 Big Monday games, and we have ourselves a shirtless winner! Maybe good ol' Matt will finally keep his shirt on for tonight's game...then again, maybe not.


Best of Luck,

Pikes


Documented NCAA Record: 16-18 (-$1,060, -8 stars)

No comments: