2.17.2007

Michael Irvin Fired From ESPN?

The latest at one of our favorite websites, ProFootballTalk.com, has Michael Irvin being fired from ESPN and replaced by everyone's favorite sourpuss (well...besides Belichick)...Bill Parcells.

"I don't know why they didn't ask for my vote on firing Mike..."
If you recall, The Playmaker made some very interesting comments about Tony Romo in early December, which I discussed in an article about racism and the NFL. Irvin has also been credited with various other dumbass moves at ESPN, the likes of which would have inevitably led any mortal soul directly to the unemployment line.

Despite my disagreement with some of Irvin's comments and my general opinion that he's not exactly the sharpest bowling ball on the rack, I must say that his being replaced by the Tuna is far from a great development at
The Network. We've seen Parcells in front of the camera enough - what he lacks in looks, he fails to make up for with his bland personality. I would think that there are other football personalities out there who deserve their shot in the limelight - can we do no better than Shannon Sharpe?

As surprised as I am to hear myself say it, I think I'm going to miss The Playmaker. Our only hope is that next offseason he will be replaced by his loud-mouthed doppleganger - Keyshawn Johnson.

No comments: