12.02.2006

Week 13 NFL Picks


I’m back! That’s right, you heard me. Just like The Terminator himself - I’m back. A weekend away was just what I needed to refuel the system and prepare myself for the stretch run of winners you are about to see. Seriously, I think it might be a crime in some states to be this good.

In the NFL, I am 17-8 (68% winners), which is more than enough to make some good money. Say you gamble $100 on every game I have picked. Do the math (don’t forget about the juice) and you should be up around $820. That money is only over a six week period...imagine if I had started picking games from the beginning. Anyhow, Week 13 has many promising winners, but here are the four strongest plays.

Game One: Atlanta Falcons (5-6) at Washington Redskins (4-7). The Falcons have lost four straight games, and now have to go on the road to play the Redskins, who seem to be playing much better behind young quarterback Jason Campbell. Look for the Redskins to load the box with eight, or even some nine man fronts, and make Vick beat them through the air. He can’t, so take the Redskins (-2) just like I will.

Game Two: Detroit Lions (2-9) at New England Patriots (8-3). Can you say, “Let down game?” I sure can, and this is just that. After beating the Bears at home last weekend, the Pats now host the Lions before traveling to Miami next weekend to play the newly resurgent Dolphins. Throw in a game against a team like the Lions between a huge primetime game and a tough division game with playoff implications, and you have the recipe for a major letdown. I look for the Lions (+13.5) to cover this one using big plays in the passing game to keep the game close.

Game Three: Indianapolis Colts (10-1) at Tennessee Titans (4-7). Vince Young has arrived. That comeback win against the Giants last week showed me, along with many other doubters, that he isn’t only a running quarterback. The pass he threw to Jones to make the score 21-20 (extra point pending), could not have been a better thrown ball. Add in Travis Henry (who has been running like a bull lately) and a defense that is finally showing up to games, and you have the recipe for an upset here. I’m not going to get greedy, but I could see the Titans winning this game. Let’s take them with the points just to be sure. Take the Titans (+7.5) and when it’s over, you can kiss my shoes.

Game Four: San Diego Chargers (9-2) at Buffalo Bills (5-6). The Chargers have been lights out the last few weeks, coming from behind to keep their five game winning streak alive. The Bills meanwhile, have had two dramatic wins in the last two weeks, and this week could bring another. I honestly feel the Bills will win this game. The Chargers have been getting behind early in games, and then just turning it on late. You can only give so many head starts before you lose a race. This could be that loss for the Chargers. I like the Bills to win this game outright, so you know I love the Bills (+6).

No comments: