12.24.2006

Bowling Heads: Week 2 Part A


I know everyone is busy around the Holidays, so I won't waste your time today with a lengthy intro. Due to a few last minute injuries, I haven't had a chance to narrow down my final week 2 bowl winners so this is really just Part One of a two part series. Thus far I'm a disappointing 1-2 in my Bowling Heads Plays, down 3 stars. However, I plan to bounce back today with my first 4 star play. Since I have another solid play on December 27th, you'll be sure to hear from me before then.

December 24, 2006: Arizona State +7.5 over Hawaii

Sure Hawaii is at home today in the 2006 Hawaii Bowl, but that doesn't necessarily spell doom for the Sun Devils. When a bowl team has the opportunity to play in front of its home crowd, it is usually money in the bank. However, the trends surrounding today's contest are a little too hard to overlook. The Devils come into the Hawaii Bowl with a 4-0 ATS mark in their last 4 against WAC opponents. They are also a convincing 6-1 ATS in their last 7 night games. Although most teams travel to Hawaii in search of vacation, the Devils will be thinking Victory today. Knowing that their season has been full of disappointments, I expect a solid performance from them in front of plenty of alumni on vacation. With the Rainbow Warriors at 0-6 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. teams with a winning road record and 1-6 ATS in their last 7 vs Pac-10 opponents, we really like our Christmas present.

4* Play on Arizona State +7.5


Happy Holidays,

Pikes

No comments: