12.30.2006

Bowling Heads: A Bowling Finale!


It's time for Week #3 of the inaugural Pike's Bowling Heads Package! To date I am 6-5 up $120 plus 3 Stars (juice included). I should be 7-5 (plus $520 up 7 stars), but I made a bone-headed play by pulling my Minnesota/Texas Tech winner last Friday! Oh well, in gambling you have to remember to NEVER look back. Now, onto this week's plays....

January 1, 2006: Auburn versus Nebraska

Nebraska has had plenty of ups and downs this season. A win in this game will cement a solid 10-4 season and put the program back on top in the NCAA. Knowing that Nebraska is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following an ATS loss sits well with us. Throw in the Tigers 0-6 ATS mark in their last 6 games following a S.U. win and I think we have a 4 Star Winner! Go Huskers!

4* Play on Nebraska (+2)


January 1, 2006: Tennessee versus Penn State


Call me biased, but Penn State is going to beat Tennessee. I hate Tennessee and I love Penn State, but as a handicapper I've learned to bet on and bet against anyone regardless of whether or not if it is my alma mater. Joe Pa has performed well in the past in bowl games and playing a tough Big Ten schedule won't hurt the Lions in this game. Although Anthony Morelli worries me at times, I expect the Penn State defense to keep the Lions within 3 points. Take the points as Tennessee lays a big egg here today. Penn State's 5-1 ATS mark in their last 6 games following an ATS loss tells us that the Lions will roar!

4* Play on the Penn State Nittany Lions (+4)



January 1, 2006: USC versus Michigan

I'm not sure what to think of Michigan getting booted out of the big game. Sure, Ohio State beat Michigan earlier this year, but it was possibly the best game of the year! Is Michigan disappointed that they aren't battling for a National Title? Absolutely, and when this happens the teams that got the shaft tend to disappoint their backers. USC (who also had their season spoiled in the final game) has the better team here today and will be playing with a lot of emotion after losing to the Bruins. I know I wouldn't want to be close to Pete Carroll after a loss. Knowing that USC is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after failing to score 20 points and 5-0 ATS versus the Big Ten raises an eyebrow or two. The Wolves 0-6 ATS mark versus the Pac-10 gives us a combined 16-0 inside the game trend! Now you know why this is my 10* Game of the Year! Don't look back.

10* Play on USC (+2.5)


January 1, 2006: Oklahoma versus Boise State

Are you kidding me? Boise State in a BCS game? You bet your sweet blue field! Boise State may not be the typical BCS team, but when it comes to playing football they know how to hang with the best of them. Could Boise do the impossible and go undefeated? Believe it or not I actually think they might. Although Oklahoma won't be a pushover it will definitely be a great game to watch! Will the country rethink the BCS when an undefeated team ends up #7 in the country? Maybe a playoff system is what college football really needs, but we will leave that debate for another day. Remember that the Broncos are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 bowl games. Boise hangs.

3* Play on Boise State (+7.5)



I may have one or two more plays so make sure you come back soon!

Best of Luck,

Pikes

No comments: