11.18.2006

Week 11 NFL Picks

Well, do you believe me now? After two straight weeks of nothing but winners, I would certainly hope so. I mean what else do I have to do, levitate? I’m gifted, it’s true, but I can only do so much. I can give you another weekend of winners though! Without further ado, here we go…

Game One: First off, we go up North to find the New England Patriots (6-3) playing the Green Bay Packers (4-5) at hallowed Lambeau Field. The Patriots are coming off two straight losses for the first time since December of 2002. The Packers, meanwhile, have won three of their last four games to pull within reach of the final playoff spot in the NFC. In the battle of Brady vs Favre, who do we take? Well, I know that most of you are would want to take Tom Brady. He has been nothing but clutch since he came into the league and I can understand why you would like the Pats. Favre however, has his team playing well enough to scare teams lately, something Packers fans haven’t seen in quite some time. Personally, I’m taking the Packers (+5.5) this weekend. You can bet on Brady, but I’m taking Brett. I would advise you do the same.

Game Two: Next up on the list, we head to Cleveland where the Browns (3-6) and the Steelers (3-6) will face each other yet again. Cleveland has been waiting a long time to avenge their home loss to Pittsburgh last season. During their Super Bowl season, the Steelers came into Cleveland and beat the Browns 41-0 on Christmas Eve. This game has payback written all over it. Take the Browns (+3.5) this weekend and rejoice in yet another Steelers loss.

Game Three: The biggest game on the NFL schedule this weekend has the Colts (9-0) making their way South to take on the Cowboys (5-4) in Dallas. Peyton Manning has been great all season, but the Colts rush defense has been just the opposite. Enter Bill Parcells...this man will run the ball, run the ball, and then maybe run the ball a little more. I look for Julius Jones and Marion Barber III to put up very large rushing numbers against the Colts this weekend, helping their team to a victory. Yes, you heard me correctly - the Cowboys (pick) will WIN this weekend and hand the Colts their first loss of the season. Don’t you want to be in on it?

Game Four: Are you ready for some football? That was terrible, let’s try that again. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? Now...that was better. This Monday night, the Jaguars (5-4) welcome the Giants (6-3) to town. The Jags defense is one of the toughest around, and Tiki Barber won’t find much room to run. That will leave Eli Manning responsible for the Giants offense, and that doesn’t bode well for them. I like the Jaguars here in a very tough match-up for the Giants. Take the Jags (-3.5) Monday night and you’ll never ask me to levitate again.

No comments: