11.10.2006

Week 10 NFL Picks


Now, that’s what I’m talkin’ about! A 5-0 week is just what I was looking for, and I’m sure it helped you out as well…if you were wise and listened to me. That undefeated week puts me at 10-4 in the NFL since I started writing for SixTalkingHeads. Sure, 10-4 is a nice record...but I don’t want "nice." I don’t want to just be average. I want to dominate. I don’t want anything but winners and I know that you don't either. So here they are…

Game One: The first game this week takes us to Tennessee where the Titans (2-6) are playing host to the Baltimore Ravens (6-2). Last week, the Ravens won in impressive fashion over the Bengals, while the Titans were smoked by 30 points in Jacksonville. So the Ravens are the easy pick, right? No...not right. I’ll take a team returning home off a horrible road loss to rebound over a road team coming off a big home victory anytime. Let’s take the Titans (+7) this week and we'll laugh together when it’s over.

Game Two: Next up on the list, we head to Indy where the Colts (8-0) welcome the Bills (3-5) to the Dome. Now I like the Colts - I think they are going to win this game. And when you saw that line come out at eleven points, I'm sure you just loved the Colts too, didn't you? Yeah, I thought so. That’s why the smart bet this weekend is the Bills (+12) on the road. I know you think I’m crazy, but was I crazy last week when I took the Dolphins? No - I wasn’t crazy then and I’m not crazy now. So let’s do this!

Game Three: For our third game, we have the aforementioned Miami Dolphins (2-6) hosting the Kansas City Chiefs (5-3) in Florida. Miami had a major win last week in their upset of the Bears. The Chiefs also had a big win on the road against the Rams. Though both teams are coming off big wins on the road, I have to give it to the home team in this one. Nick Saban did something right during that bye week and he has his team playing well again. Let’s take the Dolphins (-1) this weekend and watch the Chiefs wish they only had to visit Miami in the off season.

Game Four: Finally this week, we have the Denver Broncos (6-2) traveling to California to play the Raiders (2-6) in Oakland. Last weekend, Denver went to Pittsburgh and really took it to the Champs. For thier part, Oakland struggled mightily in Seattle on Monday night. Oakland was in fact so inept that they didn’t even score a single point, marking the fifth time in eight games this season they haven’t scored a touchdown on offense. So it's an obvious win for the Broncos here, eh? Right...but not by too much. Take the Raiders (+9) in what I expect to be a very close game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im curious to see you picks this week. Its not an easy one like the last two except for Dallas over Indy.