2.10.2007

NCAA Basketball Picks - February 10th



Could it get any worse? Last Thursday's 0-3 performance was a disgrace. This is the first time in my 10 year gambling career that I am actually at a loss for words. Do I stick with the same system that has made me thousands of dollars throughout the last several years? It doesn't seem like I could find my ass with either hand the last two weeks and with tournament time quickly approaching, I'm not sure whether to cut my losses or try to go full speed ahead.

Well, I guess it didn't take long for me to make my decision.....full speed ahead!

3* Play on West Virginia +4.5 over UCLA

Could Vegas be wrong yet again? I am going out to Vegas the first weekend of March and I plan to bitch slap a few pro handicappers while I am out there. Vegas continues to get torn apart the last few weeks as the public continues to run wild. Knowing that WVU is 10-1 ATS in their last 11 non-conference games should turn the tide today. It doesn't hurt that the Bruins are also a disappointing 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a fave of 0.5-6.5 ppg. Sure WVU has burned us this year, but as a professional gambler, you have to learn to forget about the past. Mountaineers rally!


3* Play on Mississippi -5 over Alabama

Once again we find ourselves with a ranked team (Bama #18) on the road getting points. The regular gambling public sees this as a costly error and pounds Bama here today. We see this as two consecutive Bama losses. The Crimson Tide are a disappointing 2-4 on the road this season. Ole Miss checks in at an impressive 12-4 at home this year including 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Saturday games. Throw in the Tide's 0-6 ATS mark on Saturday contests, and you have a 100% 10-0 inside the angle winning trend! Ole Miss wins an easy one.


3* Play on Nebraska +6.5 over Texas A&M

Three Texas A&M losses, three road losses. Odd? I think not. The Cornhuskers come into tonight's contest at 8-1 ATS in their last 9 home games! A&M might be the No. 7 team in the country, but a 4-3 road record is far from impressive. As I indicated earlier, Vegas has taken a bath over the past couple of weeks. The public is all over this overrated Aggie team and it's time to take advantage of a mismatch. Although I hate betting on a team that has burned me in the past, these Cornhuskers are still fighting for tourney play. Time to go Huskin'.



4* Play on Kentucky +3.5 over Florida

Wildcats Ho? I'm not a big fan of the Wildcats, but Tubby Smith at home versus a Top 10 team is like money in the bank. Sure the Gators are red hot this year, but do you want to bet against a team that is 12-5 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS loss? Knowing that the Gators are a dismal 1-5 ATS in their last 6 following an ATS win convinces us even more. This will be the most heavily wagered game of the day, and vegas won't want to take another bath. Play against the public and grab the cash with Kentucky tonight! Wildcats Ho!

I know you probably want to play against all of my picks now, but remember to stay the course and YOU will be rewarded!


Best of Luck,

Pikes

NCAA Documented Record: 11-17 (-$2,430 -22 stars)

No comments: