2.14.2007

NBA Picks, Feb. 14th


I know it has been a while since I have posted NBA picks, but I have been on a sort of hiatus from basketball. I tried to follow it during the football season, but I just couldn’t. Football is simply too important to my bank account. That said, my record speaks for itself - no introductions are needed here. I have the winners and you want the winners. So let’s get right to it, shall we?

Game One: Chicago Bulls (29-24) at Charlotte Bobcats (18-33)

Not too much to say about this game. The Bobcats are a terrible team and should be 5-10 point underdogs in every game they play. The only time they aren’t, they win…or at least cover. I’m taking the Bobcats (+2) tonight as they look to put a hurtin’ on the Bulls.

Game Two: Washington Wizards (28-21) at Philadelphia 76ers (17-35)

Another easy game for the picking. The Wizards are a top team in the Eastern Conference, and should do very well in the playoffs if they can keep Agent Zero under control. The 76ers on the other hand, are one of the worst teams in basketball. That’s why this is such an easy game to pick! You have to take the 76ers (+1). Something is fishy here...and I’m going to catch the big one!

Game Three: Milwaukee Bucks (19-33) at Boston Celtics (12-38)

The only reason I called the 76ers one of the worst teams in basketball, is because of the Boston Celtics. They are the worst team in basketball. They have lost 18 straight games! You would think a team of NBA players could fall into a win over that stretch, not this team though. That is why, after seeing them FAVORED by over 5 points, I’m betting the Celtics break that streak tonight. My money is on Boston (-5.5) tonight.

Game Four: Sacramento Kings (22-28) at New Orleans Hornets (24-28)

These two teams have almost identical records. Considering their near mirror wins/loss status, the line for this game should not be as high as it is. Bottom line, I think the folks in Vegas are trying to lure you in. The Kings lost last night in overtime, and I’m thinking they are just too tired to play another tough game on the road. The smart money tonight is on the Hornets (-6).

No comments: