2.05.2007

Daily Commute - Part 3 February 5, 2007

This past week has been entirely too cold to pause for very long en route to the subway. I did get a few pictures of the most substantial snowfall we have had; it amounted to about a half-inch and was all gone by 2 p.m. that same day. Here are five of my favorites.

There are a few of these guys standing guard outside the Presbyterian Historical Society, which I manage to forget exists despite the fact that it is across the street from my apartment.

A lot of maintenance goes into upkeep of the brick sidewalks and walls along the streets, especially when a car plows through the wall at 3 a.m. one morning.

Did you ever notice that In-Sink-Erator has a complete monopoly on the garbage disposal industry? I have never seen one that was another brand, at least when I've looked, which hasn't been all that often.

Getting a head start on the art of tossing cigarette paraphernalia on the street.

Another one of the half-dozen very old cemeteries that I pass every day. I've read that hundreds of soldiers were buried in Washington Square, as well. One day Philadelphia will be a huge oil reserve.

No comments: