1.02.2007

Bowling Heads: Time to Recap

With the NCAA bowl season concluding following next week's National Title game its time to recap the bowl season and the ups and downs we experienced. My final bowl record stands at 9-6 plus 16 stars (10-6 if you count Minny) for a profit of $1380 at $100 a star. As I indicated from day #1 if you stick with me and trust me, you will walk away a winner! Although I'm somewhat satisfied with the final outcome and late Christmas present, overall I think we can learn alot from the inaugural Bowling Heads package. Below is a summary of the games played and the results as well as a few lessons for next season.



Recap

Thursday Dec. 21 3* Play on Oregon LOSS
Saturday Dec. 23 3* Play on South Florida WIN
Saturday Dec. 23 3* Play on Tulsa LOSS
Sunday Dec. 24 4* Play on Arizona State LOSS
Wednesday Dec. 27 4* Play on Florida State WIN
Thursday Dec. 28 5* Play on Kansas State LOSS
Friday Dec. 29 3* Play on Missouri WIN
Friday Dec. 29 3* Play on Houston LOSS
Friday Dec. 29 4* Play on Minnesota WIN (but pulled)
Saturday Dec. 30 3* Play on Navy WIN
Saturday Dec. 30 4* Play on Georgia WIN
Saturday Dec. 30 4* Play on Iowa WIN
Monday Jan. 1 4* Play on Penn State WIN
Monday Jan. 1 4* Play on Nebraska Loss
Monday Jan. 1 10* Game of the Year Play on USC WIN
Monday Jan. 1 3* Play on Boise State WIN

Lessons Learned

1. Bet on favorites early and the dogs when the bowl season gets a rockin'. Did you know that the favorites started 6-2 in this years bowl season? Following tonight's Louisville game the tally was 16-12 in favor of the dogs. Isn't it funny how the small money games went 6-2 and then Vegas cleaned up, going 14-6 when the big bread was on the line?

2. Always bet on the better coach. Is it a coincidence that Bowden, Paterno, Carroll, and Schiano all mopped up this post season? I don't think so. Experience wins!

3. Whatever side your friends think is right...is usually wrong. I was laughed at for my 10* GOY selection with USC over Michigan. I was literally told to get the "f" out of here when I told my buddy that Boise State would beat Oklahoma. When I told my neighbor next door that PSU was a gimmie he told me to go back to State College. Bottom line...the public is usually wrong!

My final thought this season is an easy one. Come back to the SixTalkingHeads to win big throughout the NFL Playoff Season and the NCAA Basketball tourney....that's where we really make our money!

As promised, the Inaugural Bowling Heads season was a success. Oh, and one more thing, ask your buddy at the water cooler today who is going to win the Notre Dame/LSU game. I think you'll know exactly what side to bet on (shhhh...play on the Irish +8 (take the points)). Tell your friends though that the Irish will win straight up. Just like I told you before...you are going to have to trust me.

Best of Luck,

Pikes

No comments: