11.03.2006

NBA Picks, 11/3/06


Welcome my friends, to another season of the NBA. I know, most of you probably don’t even watch it. Actually, you probably don’t even care if the league crumbles and dies. I used to be that way too, but then I discovered that I had an uncanny ability to pick NBA winners. You think that it’s too good to be true? Well just step up to the free throw line, and we’ll knock ‘em down together.

Over the following months, I will be picking the winners to make myself some money. So why am I sharing my winners with you? Well, I guess you could say it’s because I’m a man of the people and love helping out my fellow humans. However, I am not a rich man (as far as the government knows anyhow); I can't afford to line your pockets out of my own accounts. So, instead, I provide you with the philanthropy of information. My plan is to give you the winners that I play, so we can make our money together.

You may have already checked my football column that comes out every Friday night, but the schedule for this NBA column will be a bit more erratic. NBA games are played almost every night, but I’m not going to have picks every night. So if you REALLY want those winners, you are going to have to check back on this site every day to make sure you don’t miss out.

Now on to the games…

Game One: My first posted pick of the NBA season (already 2-1, just not online) is the Boston Celtics (+2) at home against the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons lost a major cog in their defensive squad when Big Ben Wallace headed to Chicago. The Celtics meanwhile, have done nothing but improve their team with young talent. Look for the Boys from Beantown to show those Motor City Men a thing or two about the fast break.

Game Two: Second on the list tonight has the previously mentioned Chicago Bulls, along with newly acquired Ben Wallace, playing host to the Kings from Sacramento. Chicago opened the season well by blowing out the reigning champs in Miami, but they proceeded to fall apart the next night at the hands of those upstarts from Orlando. Too much partying in Miami the night before you ask? Somehow, I don’t think so. I see it more as a sign of the inconsistency that will plague the this season, and tonight will be one of the downers. Take the Kings (+5.5), and live like royalty.

Game Three: My final pick this evening takes us to the desert where the Utah Jazz have traveled to face the burning Suns in Phoenix. Phoenix has played two games already (1-1) and, in front of the home crowd tonight, look to make it 2-1. Utah comes to town as a victor in its only game so far this season. Obviously, only one team can come out on top, but that doesn’t mean we cannot profit. I like Phoenix to win the game, but take Utah (+6.5) to keep it close at the end.

No comments: